jammin-johnny

Feb 23, 2004
On my 83 cr250 honda I have the stock jet settings in the carburetor. It is a little flat where I ride which is around 3,000 feet in Adelanto, CA. Does anybody know what jetting I can use with the Keihin PE40C carburetor? Is moving the needle up one clip going to lean the engine out too much? The airscrew setting is stock as well. Does anybody have any tips on one of these older bikes. It also has the standard bore if that matters. Thanks, Johnny

renes

Apr 7, 2002
In Calgary we are about 3500 ft and on my CR 250 I use a main jet of 145 and have the clip on the 3rd groove. I also went one size smaller then stock on the pilot and kept the air screen at stock. It runs very well with these settings. Another friend of mine just bought an 83 CR250 also. We will probably set his up the same.

jammin-johnny

Feb 23, 2004
renes said:
In Calgary we are about 3500 ft and on my CR 250 I use a main jet of 145 and have the clip on the 3rd groove. I also went one size smaller then stock on the pilot and kept the air screen at stock. It runs very well with these settings. Another friend of mine just bought an 83 CR250 also. We will probably set his up the same.
Does your cr250 have the stock needle? what needle number do you have? Thanks, Johnny

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom