Jimmy Lewis takes over as Editor of Dirt Rider magazine

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
from RacerX online
Effective July 21, 2004, Jimmy Lewis will take over the reins as editor of Dirt Rider magazine. Long time editor Ken Faught will leave his current position to pursue freelance opportunities. "I'm going into the world of freelancing so I can spend more time with my family," says Ken, "but I'm confident that I'm turning Dirt Rider over to good hands."

We're excited to bring Jimmy on board with us. He is arguably one of the most well-rounded off-road motorcycle riders in the world, and brings with him many accomplishments, years of experience as a "moto journalist" and passion for motorcycles. He earned four gold medals in International Six-Day Enduro (ISDE) competition, finished 3rd in the Dakar Rally, has been on the winning team in the Baja 1000 and qualified for an AMA Pro Motocross National just a few years ago.

Dirt Rider Publisher, Sean Finley commented: "Dirt Rider has been very successful and has had a great team but we look forward to the renewed energy and fresh ideas that Jimmy will bring to the magazine. He is recognized in the motorcycle industry as one of the finest test riders and journalist in the business and that will translate into a more entertaining and informative magazine." Jimmy is looking forward to the challenge and stated: "I am super excited to join Dirt Rider. Since I am addicted to motorcycles, this seems like a perfect fit."

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If Dirt Rider gets back to their off-road roots with this change I would consider renewing my subscription. I wonder how much say he'll have in the editorial content of the mag.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
My guess would be that , as Editor, he will have some input into the editorial content- did I mention he was the Editor ? (Just kidding)

Good guy to have on your team, I think what others have already said will come to pass- He is one of us. Faught was Mcgraths buddy and this perspective wasn't always shared by others.

Faught was okay and i know he worked hard, but Lewis is a whole 'nother deal.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
ktmboy said:
If Dirt Rider gets back to their off-road roots with this change I would consider renewing my subscription.

I'll second that! I wonder what Dirt Bike will do, if anything, to bring new blood to their old rag?!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
LoriKTM said:
I'll second that! I wonder what Dirt Bike will do, if anything, to bring new blood to their old rag?!
They could hire dedicated female moto journalists, but that hasn't happened yet. In another couple of years I will renew my efforts, except I would REALLY hate to move to SoCal.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
firecracker22 said:
............. except I would REALLY hate to move to SoCal.

You might learn to like it once you got to experience all the riding opportunities we have here. There are many smaller communities a short commute from LA also.

One of the things we liked about the Hi Desert was its close proximity to everything: 15 min. to my favorite riding spot on the Phelan ridges, 45 Min. to the mountain areas of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear, 30 Min. to the Desert riding areas in Stoddard Valley, or 20 Min. to El Mirage Dry Lake, not to mention a local MX track, and a 2nd coming very soon. Glen Helen is only 30 Min. away, and there are several MX tracks within 1 hrs. drive.

Disneyland is 1 Hr., Las Vegas is 2 1/2. We get a very light dusting of snow here once a year, which melts off in a day or two, (winter lows in the 20s',) and the evenings in summer make for nice late afternoon rides right out of the garage.

Of course you'd probably miss the rain! ;)

P.S. I forgot to mention: if you rode with the S.C.W.C. you'd have to deal with 89r' and Elk, the laughing Hyenas! :eek:

Top Bottom