Job available: Senior Software Engineer

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
We have a position open for a Senior Software Engineer. Here is the description and requirements:

Description:
The Senior Software Engineer investigates, evaluates, implements and encourages the use of the software technologies and development strategies that will advance PPC?s software development capabilities to produce highly-professional profitable applications. The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in the design, estimates, coding, and help with managing of applications and encourage a team environment. The Senior Software Engineer may lead small work teams (usually 3-5 people) or phases of complex projects. Collaborates with and influences other work teams at PPC or other Thomson organizations.

The Senior Software Engineer is a self-motivated individual with excellent communications, time management, teaming, and leadership skills who encourages building the same qualities in all other department members. Can work either independently or collaborate with others, as appropriate, to solve complex, analytical problems. Has an extensive knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and, preferably, their application within the accounting industry.

Applications Development:
Define, estimate, design, code, and test applications consistent with Software Department?s development processes and procedures. Create application design specifications and document coding efforts.

Applications Development Strategy:
Identify, define and implement the strategies and technical architecture to produce high-quality applications within budget and schedule. Collaborate with and influence other work teams at PPC or other Thomson organizations.

Technology Evaluation:
Maintain an extensive understanding of existing and emerging technologies. Identify, promote and implement those technologies that will benefit and profit PPC. Create and maintain a strategic application technology plan.

Leadership, Training, and Mentoring:
Provide leadership and organization to technology projects including leading small work teams or phases of complex projects. Develop technical staff through coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training. Create an environment where technical staff are challenged and motivated to grow and develop. Effectively communicates timely and relevant engineering team status.

Competitive Analysis:
Provide leadership and awareness in the identification and evaluation of the competing software products within the industry.

Qualifications:
4 year degree in a computer/technology-related discipline (preferred)
3 years developing in a Microsoft technology environment utilizing a formalized software development life cycle approach
7 years developing in a Microsoft technology environment utilizing a formalized software development life cycle approach without formal degree
Proficient with XML and XSLT, minimum 2 years
Proficient with C++, Visual C++, C#, Visual Basic
COM experience ? creating and configuring COM and COM+ components
Internet application development experience including ASP, HTML, DHTML
Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET
Proficient with Microsoft SQL, SQL Server and stored procedures
Experience with structured, full life-cycle development skills
Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word features.
Working knowledge of creating Microsoft Office macros, addins, especially for Excel and Word
Working knowledge of Microsoft SourceSafe
Strong organizational, estimating and risk assessment skills
Experience with making business decisions about technology issues
Excellent verbal, written, time management and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate with others inside and outside immediate team members
Must be, detail oriented, a self-starter, a strong team player and exhibit a constructively aggressive attitude

Other preferred skills:
Install Technologies - DevStudio 9+ or InstallShield Developer or InstallShield Professional 5.5+
Working knowledge of Linux
Experience with PPC products or public accounting
Project Management

Go HERE to apply, and let me know if you do so I can be sure to talk to the right people ;)

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Thanks for the heads-up.

Okie, with the job market as it is, why not have a sub-forum where we can posts these links for other DRN'ers to view?

Cheers,
Neal

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Man, that sounds perfect for me! Except for the accounting experience...and the fact that it's in TX...and the fact that you'd probably want me to work...and

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
Man, that sounds perfect for me! Except for the accounting experience...and the fact that it's in TX...and the fact that you'd probably want me to work...and
1. Meh, the accounting experience is just "preferred"
2. You KNOW Texas is where its at :) :nener:
3. Work...? Well, probably. We're fairly laid back though.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Just curious, since I can't move right now, any idea on the salary for that? It does fairly closely match my resume (except that I've been doing it for 20 years).

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
$103.56 a week plus free moon pies.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Patman said:
$103.56 a week plus free moon pies.
Bwahahaa :)

Actually, I could only guess. I've found that my salary (software test engineer) is usually closely matched w/the information at Salary.com, so you could probably base it on that fairly accurately, certainly no less.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
Just curious, since I can't move right now, any idea on the salary for that? It does fairly closely match my resume (except that I've been doing it for 20 years).

Gomer: If you will move to the center of the DRN universe, I will cover the cost of a lifetime supply of AR'ua See' Cola to go with those moon pies.

Dayum, I could see it now ... if Gomer moved here, the world would tilt on it's axis. :yikes:

Top Bottom