halfearjr

Mar 20, 2006
I just bought a used JR 50 and the forks are slightly bent, but seem to function well. Has anyone had the same problem with the JR forks? I'm thinking of trying to straighten them, but I don't want to make them worse either. Just wondering if anyone has had luck straightening them.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
They bend easily.

When we had ours, I would rotate the tubes in the clamps occasionally to vary the stress point.

halfearjr

Mar 20, 2006
Vic - Thanks for the input...sounds like a good idea. I checked with the local Suzuki shop today and the parts I would need (inner fork tubes) would cost less than $55 for new ones...not too bad, just a little aggrevation tearing the forks down and re-assembling. I may do that eventually, but they seem fine for now, so I'll try your idea. When I finally do replace the fork tubes I'll provide some feedback as to the difficulty of the repair.

Roadking

Dec 4, 2004
You should be able to straighten them up in a press. Just pull the front wheel and remove the bent fork or forks. Use a couple of 2by4 blocks and slowly straighten it back out. I've done this on my sons bikes a couple of times. Don't forget the wood blocks because the tubes will dent if you don't.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
BTW- There is considerably more leverage on the tubes if you're using the spacers to raise the ride height.

I stopped using them for just that reason.

Top Bottom