Jumping a kdx

kdxrider200

Jan 4, 2003
Is it wise to jump a kdx. I have friends who do it but will it hurt the bike. it is a kdx 200 1999 model

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
"Wise" or not depends on the needs of the person. If he is dying of boredom then it's wise to go jumping. If his wife (who is otherwise a real gem) is threatening to leave him if he jumps then it's wise to not jump.(at least in her presence)
As for hurting the motorcycle, that won't happen unless the rider crashes.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I jump mine and dont have a problem at all. I weigh about 200 lbs and set me suspension 3 clicks harder than stock. the bike lands especially goot on well built landings.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
What is the best way to land softly?? I just started jumping. It feels like the softest landings are 1) Rear wheel first going uphill 2) Both wheels on flat ground 3) Front wheel first going downhill. Is this right??

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i think a new kdx makes my 89 yz 125 feel like a toy bike, even on the track, and the kdx jumps and lands better too..

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I jump my 83 KDX all the time I'm 200 lbs and the suspension is stock. The worst that can happen is you blow a shock seal. The best that can happen is it feels great. Jump it and love it.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
for the softest landing, land on a landing ramp of a down hill. You wanna land as close to both wheels at the same time as possible.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…