Just bought 2000 Husky TC 610 have some ???

z1bigtom

Jan 12, 2002
Hey guys i am getting this bike on saturday......Its a 2000, and will be my first 4 stroke.......just sold my CR500........I bought for 3300.00.......bike has under 10 hrs, and is flawless.....wiped under skid plate, and coulnt find any dirt......

Does the price sound good?

Should i look for a pipe, or leave it stock?

If a pipe, what brand......?

Bike sat for 3 weeks, and started on second kick, without use of compresson release.......

thanks.....

Does anyone have any good sites with possibley some tech articles, and info about Huskys......

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Apparently the Big Gun pipe works wonders, although the bike is already fast.. And you have to buy the full exhaust, which is $495.

Price sounds very good!

Very nice bike.. I've ridden the '00 TE610 briefly on pavement and it impressed me. Very nice fit and finish.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Want a pipe that ripps?? Get ahold of Earl at Uptite Husky, in California. I bought a pipe from him for my 87 510 and was more than satisfied.. Earl has the lowdown on how to get Huskies to really run.

zilla

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
George Erl at Uptite Husqvarna. He makes his own pipes for Huskies and has for a long time. I think he used to be a desert racer. Really nice guy ... he spent a fair amount of time with me with advice on my 125. If we what he told me is true, his pipes do indeed rip !!

Uptite 714 540 2920

z1bigtom

Jan 12, 2002
Thanks for the info guys......i just called George Erl, and will be ordering his setup next week.........His price for complete system is 385.00......expect 7-9 hp gain..........

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Jeez ... I guess a stock 610 just isn't enough. :)

I'd love to hear a ride report on the pipe. I was thinking about buying his pipe for my 125 sometime in the future. Good luck.

z1bigtom

Jan 12, 2002
I'm not really searching for more HP, but from the past i know that when u open a exhaust system up, the bike just runs better........

Plus comin from a worked CR500, i'm kinda expecting alot........

More HP can never hurt/...... :aj:

I will keep everyone posted on the results......

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
How's the riding in Jersey these days ? I grew up in Old Bridge and we used to ride over in Runyon off of 516. I haven't lived in NJ for years but my folks live in Manalapan (Englishtown).

z1bigtom

Jan 12, 2002
To be honest.....the riding sucks here. All the really good spots like Stavolas in Jackson are getting closed down....I mean they are enforcing the laws very strict...I sold the CR because all the good pits, and open areas are dissapering, and then fell in love with this 610.... :) I know the TC is a motorcrosser, but i love the power in the woods!

We are getting forced to join the ORV park in Chatsworth....200.00 a year, but its all legal.....i live in Edison, be about almost 2hr drive to ride.....i will take my chances in the woods...........

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
That's what I thought ... seems I heard they were getting real strict. Be careful and have fun ... you should easily outrun the fuzz on the 610 - especially with the pipe ! Later on ...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom