just joined here

dirt_bike890

Nov 25, 2004
hey i just joined here. It looks lik a great site. :yeehaw: i do not currently own a dirt bike but i am thinking about one. I have a bombardier DS650 atv. i like it and all but i think i may wanna try a dirt bike. Anything i should know about them i was looking into a 125. i am 5'10 125lbs would i fit on one?? which brand do you prefer??

timo250

Nov 20, 2004
welcome 2 the forums...where in canada are u located? im in alberta...for 125's, i would recommend either a honda cr125, or yz125

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Welcome to DRN 890! Tony will be along shortly to greet you properly! And yea, a 125 sounds like a good choice for you. It will seem a little down on power compared to the 650, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it! YZ165

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
:cool:
Hey 890 its always good to see new people join and be ale to talk to them.I think that if you want a 125 it pretty much comes down to what color you like best.As for your dr650, my neighbor has the same quad and that thing is a beast.He did the porting and than stuck nitrous oxide to it and know the thing is just rediculous.He also did the suspension and stuck a steering damper on it, it looks pretty trick.Good luck on choosing a 125 and we will look forward to hearing from you soon. ;)

Nov 27, 2004
Ok, I don't own a dirt bike either, but I sure know a lot about them, and your looking into a 125? A yz or what? If you are going for a YZ125, that would work for you, but you are better off getting a 2 stroke instead of a 4 stroke, and heres why, the 2 stoke, if you blow the engine, all you have to really replace is the pistons, where if you buy a 4 stroke, you have to replace the whole entire engine, and that cost A LOT.
Well I hope I helped you out a little.

L8erz.

Rach

P.S. If you have anymore questions, you can PM and I will try and help with what you need. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum. There are scads fo great info in there. Use search to look for sppecific bikes once you begin to narrow it down. Post your questions as well and you will get a bunch of opinions.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…