just picked up my bike '99 kdx 200--?

yater

Nov 7, 2003
This thing is everything you guys said it would be. I've got lots of low end with the "gnarly" pipe. What kind of oil (pre-mix) do you recommend? What about case oil? I can't wait to get this thing on the trails!

kdxme

Apr 7, 2002
everyone will suggest diff oils so you will have decide for yourself. personally i use pro honda synthetic pre-mix at a ratio of 40:1. And for the gears i use valvoline 10w30, which is what kawasaki recommends. Congrats on your new bike, you wont be dissapointed.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Yes depends what you want. We use 50:1 Golden Spectro sentetic mix in both of our KDX's.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Congrat's on the new bike! I run either synthetic(50:1) or semi synthetic(45:1) oils in my bikes - pick one and stick with it. What did the previous owner use in it? What does your local shop carry? I don't think there is that much difference between the "name brand" manufactures providing they are the same type(mineral,semi or full synthetic).

Look forward to hitting the trails @ Muenster!! :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Check the link at the top of this forum, 'every kdx rider should read...'

The bike evidently wasn't ridden at all (stock tires? Wow...mine lasted a few months!), so I'd assume it wasn't maintained much, either.

In which case, start with 'new bike prep' on CDave's site.

Compression? Who cares!! For that price, put a topend in it for grins.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…