just replaced chain & sprockets ??

brianRM250

Mar 14, 2007
Hi Guys,
I was doing some searching on here about this, but I'm not sure. I just replace the sprockets and chain on my 03 RM250. I put the same stock stuff on, 13t front, 49t rear, 520 x 112 chain. Problem is the chain seems entirely too tight and the wheel is as forward as it can go. Why would all stock parts be like that?? I rode it up my driveway about 3 times and just that seemed to loosen up the chain a bit. I'm lost.

brianRM250

Mar 14, 2007
well, looks like you are right. I just checked the online parts finder for a local shop and they list DID520DMA2,114LE for the stock chain. ughhhhh!

JEEP FARM

Jan 21, 2006
For what it's worth! Could you not just use it anyway. The chain will end up stretching and then you will have you slack to play with. I could be wrong, but I know my last chain ended up stretching to the point where I had to take links out!

Good luck!

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
If the chain is too tight DO NOT USE it. You will end up ruining your new sprockets at the very least.

brianRM250

Mar 14, 2007
thanks guys, i ended up getting the 114 cheapy bikemaster chain so I could ride over the weekend. A few hours of riding and that puppy stretched out pretty far. The 112 chain was just entirely too tight.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…