trailboy125

Aug 24, 2004
ive considered the kdx 200 for a future bike. and ive also considerd the cr 125. i like the kdx becuz of its fairly low seat height and trail purpose. but im not sure if 200 cc's is too much for me? :( :bang:

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
LOW SEAT HEIGHT!!!!!! Are you sure????

Mine is the biggest damn bike I have ever seen! It TOWERS over my CR125 by about 6 inches!!

What sort of cash are you looking to spend and what will you use the bike for?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'and what will you use the bike for?'

That sums it up.

The two bikes are as different in application and response in any application as you can get.

If you try to ride the kdx like a cr125 where you generally find the 125, you won't be happy. Vicey versa, too.

I know (very) capable riders that ride 125s in the woods and love 'em. It's not some kind of absolute rule from God that, 'CR125s shall not be woods ridden!!'

Determine your intent and purpose for starters....like R6 said.

Deputy25

Jul 27, 2004
My son rides his 2001 CR 125 in the woods. He is 13, 5-6/120lbs. His CR goes everywhere my KDX goes. We spent all day yesterday at an off-road park near our home, went through almost two tanks of gas each. Only problem the CR had was deep sand. The park also has a track, which is where the CR left the KDX behind.

trailboy125

Aug 24, 2004
ill probly be doing mostly trail but i might go to the mx tracks a few times a year. and im lookin to spend about 2900. the cr has a 37 inch seat height and the kdx has a 36 inch i looked on both websites : ) btw im about 115lbs and 5' 7'' ive been riding for about 4 or so years

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
A stock modern CR125 is much faster than any stock KDX200. The KDX can be made fast with some light mods, but bone stock they are very docile and easy to ride. In no way should you let the extra displacement scare you away.

Like everybody else is saying, the 95-up KDX has a very tall seat. I don't care what the websites say, the KDX is the tallest bike I've ever sat on, just like these guys are saying. They are easy to lower down to a manageable height though. The 89-94 KDX has a lower, wider "banana" seat. Is that the style of KDX you're thinking of?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Even with the overall height of the KDX being on the tall side, I found that I needed the tall seat foam added because of the way the ergonomics are laid out on the bike. Maybe that's what you meant by a low seat height. If so, then I agree. It seemed like I was riding around with my knees in my chin when seated with the stock seat foam. With that in mind be sure you actually sit on one and if possible, ride it around a little to see how it fits you. If it fits fine for riding but seems too tall to manage when stopping or needing to dab, there are very simple, inexpensive ways to lower the ride height. Keep reading and doing searches here and you should get a good idea if the KDX is right for you and your style of riding.

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
The kdx is much easier to learn on than a cr. I went from a xr 100 to a kdx and it wasnt that hard to get the hang of. I got a highly modded yz after the kdx (stock) and I felt if I had gone right to the yz it would have not been pretty.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I can't tell where you're located trailboy since you didn't indicate a location, but if you are in Northern California, around Placerville / Lake Tahoe, you are welcome to try out my bike and take a spin. Probably others out there who might be in your neck of the woods if you are not near me who would offer as well. You really need to get your butt on the seat and try it out.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
We are in the Arkansas River valley Area, Ft. Smith to be exact. You could try out our 92" If your close to us. It will be different than a brand new KDX. The nice thing about one this age is you can pick one up around here for about $1000 easy. When we got our's It had a FMF Gold Series Fatty and a Turbine Core II on it already. You are welcome if your close.

Jim

Top Bottom