mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
I bought my bike used with renthal bars and moose bark busters and they have been great for me. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact models of each but the work really well together.

P455

Nov 16, 2003
I just got a set of the Acerbis rally pro guards for Christmas, went on with minimal tweaking and look great. I am running Tusk T-7 aluminum bars in the KX-high bend. Haven't had a chance to bang into any trees yet, though.

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Moose

I just replaced my old Moose barkbusters with the new style, the plastic covers look really nice. I opted to bend them slightly, they're tough to bend and do it a little at a time or they can snap, and then attach them to the triple clamp. Much stronger and cleans up the handlebars, not so cluttered. You can purchase brackets through Rocky Mountain designed for this purpose.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
Fastway F.I.T. System or Cycra

Here's a suggestion for the Fastway FIT system handguards. they work nice, have good lever room and attach to the triple clamp.
Cycra racer pack is also nice with the triple clamp mounts (top or side)

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
highmileage said:
Cycra racer pack is also nice with the triple clamp mounts (top or side)

This is the way to go. Bolt these on and you'll be done worrying about handguards for good.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah

With those cycras if you hit them you can bend or break the bars because they have zero give to them. This is especially true with 7/8 bars. I suggest the enduro Engineering handguards and deflectors. Race proven and probably the widest used hand guard around. Moose is the same thing because they are made by EE.

www.enduroeng.com

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
I'll second the Moose with the plastic covers. I have hit my share of trees with no ill results. The plastic covers are replaceable, come in KDX green, and help keep the mud/wind off your paws. I'm using the MSR Dominator bars. They're cheap and have held up well. Junk the stock bars, they'll bend the first time you drop it.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
The stock bar ends are "plugged" and can be modified to fit aftermarket guards. I did it to fit Acerbis pro rallys, which have worked out very well BTW. But I agree with john b above. Now is a good time to go to stronger,taller aftermarket bars and good guards! Jim G

Top Bottom