niklp4

Sep 9, 2002
THINKING OF CHANGING THE EXAUST. I'VE READ THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN THE TORQUE AND REV PIPE BUT NEVER TALKED TO ANYONE ABOUT THE RESULTS. COULD ANYONE TELL HOW THEY IMPROVED THE POWER ON A STOCK 2003 KDX 220?

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
J. Fredette outlines the differences in the TECH section on this web site. I have a 200 with the torque pipe on there because I ride only woods. But they all seem to agree that the 220 needs the rev pipe to open 'er up. I must say that it makes a world of difference. You'll be able to feel the power difference immediately.

kevin c.

Jan 28, 2003
rev is a must for a 220, I have a 03 220 and this made a huge difference in mine, sound, performance and everything. I didnot notice a lot of low end loss with it either, it still runs great through out the rpm range. I am still adding to it also, I have sent the carb to RB Designs and am waiting for it to come back, while it is out I am installing Delta Force reed valves and cage. I am considering a FRP torque ring to have around for different rides ( if this thing does what it says). anyway good luck with your bike, Kevin

RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
I ride mostly woods on the east coast and I have a rev pipe and 304 exhaust. I can crawl through the tight stuff and have nice throttle response throughout the range with much extended top end. A great wake up call for this bike. I only took the snorkel out of the airbox and put in the Boyensen pro reeds.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I have hessitated to put a pipe on my bike, until I replace the acident prone stock piston. I think the big issue is running at high rpm.s with the stock slug in there.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
i have both the rev and gnarly pipe for my 01 220, the rev pipe is a reall kick in the pants runs like a kx 250 stock, the rev is almost to much for the woods. going up hill ya got to wind it up unlike the gnarly you just tractor up .
I have a RB DESIGNS carb with boysen rad valve, when the carb is jeted correctly it will be really snappy- go for poping over stuff. I also run a wiesico pistion. It all depends on what type of riding you do- if its wide open go for the rev- closed down and tight go for the torque pipe. Hey if ya got the money go for both

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom