Kdx 220 front brakes

tanner07

Sep 10, 2002
I have a 1998 kdx 220 my front brakes have faded on me and i was just wondering how i could fix it. I have not done anything to the brakes since i bought the bike. I am pretty sure flushing the brakes will help but i just wanted to see what everyone thought.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well I am going to assume the front pads are shot, the fluid is full of moisture and your stock line is balooning under the pressure.

If you want to do a upgrade and fix everything, get some new pads. I like running the semi/ceramic pads for my riding. Choose a good pad.

second, upgrade the front brake line to a SS unit.

Lastly, install new DOT4 or other top of the line brake fluid in the system and bleed all the air out. Adjust the lever so the brake engages properly and viola!

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Matt90GT is right. Check all of those things, then see which one it is. I had the same problem with my '01 220. I thought it was pads, but it wasn't. I ended up putting DOT 4 and a Russell Braided brake line on her. They are rock solid now. Also if you don't hane one of these I would recommend it, a vacuum pump for the brakes. You can get one at a auto parts store. It works wonders. My brakes are tight now. Good luck.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…