MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Anyone here gone 240 ? I'm trying to decide if the cost ($575+) form Eric Gorr is the way to go or should I just put that towards a new mount ?

Need mo-power, can't keep up with the thumpers I ride with, nor do I really want to spend $6300 for a new thumper :D

-MD

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
MAD, you may want to run a search on the forum. I seem to recall discussions that indicate the 240 has some serious vibration issues. :ugg:

Beyond that, maybe just call Eric. I have no personal experience with him, but everything I have read is positive. He'd probably give it to 'ya straight.

GumbyMX

Nov 10, 2001
my 240 has won many races since 1996. Eric Gorr did a wonderful job with it and it has been very reliable. Big power but not too much. Hope this helps.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Jay: I've done that, or tried it's either busy or no answer. I've sent a few emails that have gone unaswered. I had asked him last year and it took like 3 months to get a reply and I was skeptical of sending my top end to have it worked on. I'd prefer to buy the kit up front :D

Gumby: Can you address any vibration issues ? Did you keep standard jetting ? Was it pretty much a simple bolt on ? Did it include new/reworked powervalves too ?

-MD

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom