yorinda

Mar 13, 2004
In preparation to get the kdx street legal, I would appreciate any feedback from others on this topic, but especially concerning how to best rig up a brake light. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
I need to do the same thing. I heard that the top of the rear brake master cylinder is already tapped for a hydralic brake light switch, you just need to buy one and replace the tail light socket with a dual filament one. Some guys are tapping into the bike's electrical, and some are using RC model batteries just to run the brake light and the horn required in some areas.

Good Luck,
Mike.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Eddie, I think that # is for an overseas 1984 model with drum brake.

FWIW, some of the parts in the baja designs catalog say theirs are kdx specific - not sure if they are from KDX 'SR' street legal models from europe/australia/asia. A call to baja designs would probably clear it up.

Jason02R

Jul 6, 2004
My KDX is street legal, I like the J-Gear kit but do not like the taillight and license plate bracket that comes with the kit. What I did was looked at that kit and then ordered all of the parts separately from forstrokesonly

The KDX lighting coil is only 45W so the tail light will dim the headlight a lot so what you can do is order a 75W lighting coil for $100.00 or do what I did and run a LED brake light and it’ll work just fine for $10.00

Top Bottom