KDX Gas Cap

dcatt

Dec 12, 2000
The gas cap on my KDX just split around the outside, and it leaks gas pretty bad. Any ideas what would cause this? I don't think that it was overtightened, maybe just age. And would anyone suggest what to replace it with. I had heard that a KX would work and was cheaper. Thanks

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Same thing happened to me and many others.

It was like $8 plus shipping for a new one at the dealer.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
Mine did the same thing, must be a KDX trait. I used some 2 part epoxy and never worried about it again.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Cap-caps self-destruct if fastened without the gasket in the top of the cap. New caps don't come with gaskets, :think: its a separate part number.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
this must be the single worst trait for a kdx, i've seen this more in posts than anything else, and yes mine did it too, bought a cap from dennis kirk, didn't quite fit, too tight, used a deburr knife and took off about .06, fit perfect, no leaks!!! But if i were you, i'd probably try the dealer thing, my dealer just happens to suck, so i took it on myself!!...good luck

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Caps are inexpensive. Go to the dealer and get on from a late model KX lower profile look much better.

dcatt

Dec 12, 2000
Thanks guys, I will go down to the dealer this weekend, and get one for the KX, or which ever one he has in stock.
Thanks again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…