KDX hillclimbs/trailriding mods

stinger70

Mar 10, 2003
i ride tons of hillclimbs and trails. does anyone have any suggestions for the best mods for the buck? thanks alot

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
If it's those big sand hills north of Moab [by Courthouse Rock] I'd slip a KX 500 into your frame. I've never gotten my KDX up the one facing East. A good sand tire really helps though.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I don't think he said anything about sand?? Anyway, I would put a torqe pipe on there, change the gearing and possibly add a vforce 2 on there (set for torque). Good tires for whatever the conditions works wanders. Make sure you change the springs for your weight and a revalve would be good. Barkbusters are good (definetly worth the money). I've heard a oversized front rotor would add to your breaking power and feel... I think they have an oversized kit for the rear also, but this would be expensive.

I think if you do a search you find a lot of good info on the subject! Do the research first and you might answer your own questions and save some bandwidth.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The kdx is a woods bike (re: trailriding which certainly is going to include some hillclimbs as well) and, as such, the modifications generally talked about on this forum will apply.

At the top of this forum is the 'Every kdx-rider should read this' thread.

...which you should read. CDave's site covers basic modifications for different kdxs.

Sand is different.......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…