joey26

Apr 16, 2002
i was wondering if anyone has ever put a kdx light on a kx
i like to ride woods and want to be able to ride at night, i have a 1994 kx 125 and plan on getting a lighting stator sometime but i am not sure what to use for a headlight. i thought maybe i would be able to use a kdx headlight. any information about this would be great thanks.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
You'll need the headlight, switch and a regulator from a KDX. Wiring shouldn't present much of a problem either. There are plenty of aftermarket lights out there too... I have a UFO dual hologen on mine... really sucks the juice though! :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You could adapt your KX to run KDX lighting, but there are much better choices out there. The stock KDX lighting is poor at best...and the coil can't handle much more. Look for a good after market unit.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I have one similar on my 95 but like I said... it really sucks up the juice. I personally would have left the stock one on but it came with the hologen already on it. I must admit... it looks great though. The high power stator is quite expensive if you ask me and is not worth it just to run a brighter light. These are just my opinions and I would like to hear other peoples opinions on the stock setup.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom