radrandy2001

Aug 5, 2002
I just bought a 2004 KDX 200 and it has a UFO front number plate light combo on it. The headlight is not very good. I looked at the bulb and it has two. One is a skinny tube type setting in there sideways and is marked "OSRAM 12V 10Amp N-7M" and then there is a second more conventional bulb that is marked "T018 OSRAMBILUX 7327 Slovakia 12V 35/35 S237R E1 01835" Whew, that was a bunch on that one. Anyway can I go to more powerful bulbs or do I need to get the Stator rewound/dewound? If I can do bulbs, what is the max wattage I can run. Thanks!
Randy

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Stock the head light is, I think 30W. The light coil will have to be rewound/replaced for more output if you want more light. Fredette sells a 75W light coil. for $90. I think that is the most I've seen for the KDX.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I have the UFO Twins light/number plate combo that has the two bulbs. They are not bright at all with the stock stator. If you unplug one of the bulbs, the other will be way brighter because you just don't have enough juice to run both. I may get a new stator eventually, but I hardly ever ride at night.

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
For 80 bucks you can get the acerbis D.O.H head light and man is it bright. Comes with the ability to have high and low beams + day running light but I just attached the low beam since I only have an on/off switch I rigged up using a guitar amp toggle switch. But I think you can get a switch that contains on/off and high / low beam. I'm cheap and damn resourceful or have far too much time on my hands still trying to figure that one out.

Top Bottom