KDX on MX track

cadjocky

Apr 4, 2003
My son is really into MX'ing and I bring my 1998 KDX out too. He seems to think that my bike is absolutely incapable of doing the things a true MX bike can do. When I purchased the bike, I picked the KDX over XR's because of the light weight and the powerful 2 stroke engine would be good in all worlds. Are the MX'ers really that much different? Will my bike die a terrible death on th MX track? Should I sell it now and get a MX bike???? I'm 43 and not trying to set the world on fire but I do take some big jumps and am typically either wide open or on the brakes.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
The KDX is more than capable for local events. The rider's ability is at least 50% of the equation. I've seen good riders on XR100's smoke poor riders on new 125 MXers. It is technique over mechanics. If you are trying to compete in the 250A class, you may wish for a different steed. But if you have been on the track and doing the jumps, you should know what you're capablities. Your experience, cunning and treachery makes up for a lot of the youthful strenght and enthusiasm. Go get 'em.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…