john pearce

Nov 7, 2001
hi mojo
take it from me who learnt the hard way.
i bought a 2000 wr400, and they are heavy when youre tired and you have to pick it up.
you know when youre in the woods and you come accross something unexpected and you want that
snap throttle response to get you out of trouble, well it just is'nt there.
so i learned the hard way and sold the wr and got myself a new kdx220. i have it totally standard
and its got it all, its really is truly a better bike for as lot less money.
just my 2 pence worth

john, in portsmouth england

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
Great choice with the kdx, my 200 has way more throttle response than my dads 99' 400. (He can't admit it though).

FlashBurn

Sep 3, 2001
I have a KDX220 and a KLX300.I find that the KDX does almost everything just a bit better.It's lighter,quicker,Good snap,extremely good low end,It has a bit more ground clearence and travel and it starts really easy hot or cold.This bike can even be ridden on an MX track with really good success.My KLX is a dualsport so it has it's own advantages over the KDX but the 220 is more fun to ride overall.Out here in SoCal the 220 needed a bit more top end so I changed the rear sprocket to a 45 and that gave it the extra speed I was looking for.I have owned several bikes over the years and the old KDX200 I had and now the 220 are the most fun bikes i have ever owned.

MojoMadness

Oct 25, 2001
Sold!!!!

John,

Thanks for the advice. I am sold on the KDX. Now I just have to go work a deal with the sales guy. I will definitely get an 02' 220r OTD for less than $3,800. I'm just going to wait until the snow flies and they will be begging me to buy something.

I don't plan to ride much, I just want a machine that I can get on, kick the sh*# out it and have fun. I plan on taking many headers and I am now looking for equipment that will help keep me in one piece.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom