smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
for what year?
I've found every part in black for my '93 except for the tank

SOMISSONE

Jul 31, 2001
I wish my tank was clear thats the way to go..You can see your fuel!
I have a small crack around my fuel cap now, when I change it I want a clear one if I can find it..

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
SOMISSONE;If the crack is on your fuel tank neck and not your cap;be advised that Kawasaki is replacing them for free under a goodwill warranty.Check the Cracked Fuel Tank posts in this forum for further details.I'm waiting for my second replacement,supposed to be a new part number.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
I painted mine with Krylon Fusion Gloss Black, turned out great, rode with it on for @ 4 months in the woods, I could count the scratches on one hand. And if you ever wanted it back stock, Bumper Stripper from a local paint shop does great as well. Provide e-mail for pics......

sotchong

May 2, 2005
yeah the fusion paint works great did to my bike about a month ago looks good still. Wet sand the plasic first before you paint. I used 400 grit.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
i dont think that would work, if the gas fumes would eat through the fusion paint, it would damage the clear coat as well. i do know that tank graphic kits have preforations in them just for that reason., also, i didnt wet sand my plastic either.... just went over it with some plastic-safe surface prep.

Last edited:

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
Fusion won't work on the tank. Save yourself the trouble I went through. However, I used some carbon fiber patterned decal sheets. That worked great and it was made to streach around curves and bends. It will last about a dozen rides before needing to be replaced. Only prep was an alchol wipe down.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom