KDX Pontoons

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
It's been raining here so long that my knobby tires are developing paddles. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any bolt-on pontoons for KDX's?

Hey Springtime, we're ready whenever you are!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hang in there muskrat, at least it's not snow! we just got anther 8".

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
I don't know where the term "raining cats and dogs" came from, but that's what it's doing here in western OR...which leads me to a half-serious question related to "pontoons". I'm thinking about the paddle tire sitting in the shed along with my bike - and all of the snow in the mountains. What happens if I replace the front tire with a ski of some sort and ride the snowmobile trails!??! Does the snow get packed enough to keep the rear end afloat? Maybe I was thinking about it during a half-conscious dream last night... :silly:

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Hold on everyone. The sun came out today for the first time in weeks and it is 70 degrees here. I'm headed to the woods. Have faith, spring is closer than we think (but I'm not putting up the pontoons until May). Farmerj, I think you are on to something. I might want to come up and try it too. Based on my snow skiing talent, it couldn't be any worse. I've dreamed of having disk brakes when I was snow skiing.

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
What about -20 degrees last night with about 4 feet of snow on the ground........ Damn what am I doing here ?????

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Don't worry. In July and August it's about 95 degrees here with 95 percent humidity. I think every place has its good and bad season. Hang in there- You'll be riding soon.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…