KDX Riding Pics.

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I hope it's ok to post a link to pics. I've been riding the KDX for a year now & find it a very capable trail bike (Nothing new here). :yeehaw: I just wanted to share with you guys the my core reason for riding the KDX, Fun. Thanks for the info on the bike, you guys ROCK. :thumb:

http://community.webshots.com/user/250rdude101/0

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Nice pics and awesome scenery! My parents used to live in Tucson, but they moved back east to VA. I used to love going out there to visit them...............

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Man! How many thousands of miles of that sort of riding do you have down there? A bit warm in the summer?

Any closures due to fire restrictions? Open year round?

Who's land? BLM, Forest Service, private?

Lots'a bikes?

Last edited:

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
Thanks Guys.
Man! How many thousands of miles of that sort of riding do you have down there? A bit warm in the summer?

We usually ride year round, with obvious restrictions during the summer months. Early on the trail, early off. Usually back at the trucks by 11:00 to 12:00. I don't like it & the Bikes don't like to lug around in 115* heat. :( Water is a major concern this time of year. Everyone uses a Camelbak or equiv. I carried 170 oz. of water & Ice on my last ride into the Sycamore Creek Area. I've listened to several Horror stories from friends & fellow riders of running out of water, Breakdowns ETC, ETC. it is literally a matter of Life or death. Never & I repeat NEVER ride alone. :worship: Most of the Land is USFS but there is also alot of State Trust Land. This can be accessed with a yearly permit costing $15.00 single or $20.00 for the family. Sweet deal nowadays. :yeehaw: I live in the Phoenix Metro area & within 50 miles there is literally Thousands of miles of Roads, trails & singletrack. You can head out of town into Sedona, Payson, Flagstaff when the weather warms up to get the cooler climate & pines. Most everyone I know runs a Sparkarrester of some sort on the bikes & ATV's. The Forest Service does check for compliance & will shutdown the area if the fire danger is high enough, but this doesn't usually last to long. The Scenery is breathtaking & thats why I like to get away from the masses on the weekends. :thumb:

Last edited:

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Hey 250RDude

I think we be livin and ridin very close to each other. Have you ever done Martinez Canyon? Its just outside of Box Canyon heading east. Very awsome riding!! My brother and I are heading back out that way soon. You are welcome to come with us if you would like.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
I've always loved going through AZ and that was just from the views from the Interstates. The pics prove I haven't seen anything. :-) There any good tour groups? I'd like to take the kids on something like that.

Best,
Greg

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
Hi Greg, I haven't checked into a guided tour of the area yet. I rely on the more experienced & seasoned riders for directions. :eek: This has also landed me on a few A-B rides. :yeehaw:

Thanks for the invite. I haven't ridden Martinez in 6 months. I'm ready. Ever go past the cabins & down the "Luge"? How about the Stairsteps & Coke Ovens? I'm in the process of getting a new set of sneakers on the Minibike right now & changing the gearing back to 13/49.
Check on :

http://www.southwestdirtrider.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi

for some local rides. This is a great group of guys & gals to hook up with. Very professional & dedicated to preserving the right to ride in AZ.

Last edited:

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
Hey Jim. :eek: We'll have to hook-up with dsndblm & do the Mt. Ord & Sycamore area. :eek: He can show us his "Hidden" trails around Martinez Mine.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Hey 250RDude

I have been past the cabins and down "The Luge" many times. Last time we were at Matinez we sat at the bottom and watched the Jeeps go down it. The look on some of the Jeep drivers faces was priceless, some serious pucker factor going on! I did the Coke Ovens three times this winter. I live only 30 miles from the town of Florence so its not too hard for me to find time to go. I think I have seen your name on the Riding Arizona site. If its you, PM me and lets get some AZ guys together and hit the trails! My brother knows the Martinez, Coke Ovens areas like the back of his hand. He can show us lots that not many see! My name on Riding AZ is "dsndblm"

tim_from_az

Sep 18, 2003
You let the cat out of the bag now Donnie about all the great riding we have here in AZ:) Seriously if the heat don't bother you or the jumping cactus this is a dirt bike paradise. Here's a link to my ride album too so you all can see what the valley of the sun has to offer. www.picturetrail.com/ridingaz

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Thanks guys. All these pics are great. I'm feeling like a summer road trip... :-)

-G

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Great pictures! I looked at them at work today and all of a sudden lost my desire to be there. May try and head to The Coke Ovens Sunday.........

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…