macauley

Mar 17, 2003
I know there are a good deal of message out there about cutting the seat down, but does anyone sell a done-deal lower seat to just slap it in? I really don't want to cut and staple a new cover...
:clue: :think:

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
If you don't want to do it yourself, an option would be to take it to an upholstery shop that does a lot of work on motorcycles and then let them modify and/or replace the stock foam and alter the stock or a replacement seat cover. If you can find another KDX seat pan in good shape, then have a second seat made up for your son.

The upholstery idea aside, it may be worth you trying to do it yourself or at least taking careful notes on what the upholstery shop would do because, in one ride, if your son takes a fall and tears that seat cover, your money just went into the garbage can and you may have to do it again.

Best,
Greg

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I agree with Greg. If you dont want to mess with it - head to an auto upholstery shop. I found one that was very knowledgable on how to rework cycle seats. A good idea to find one with experince is to call a big Harley dealer and ask which one they use to do custom seat work - they will know.

Just tell the guys what you want and they will likely cut down the height - glue in some thinner, firmer foam in its place and restaple. Should run you $50ish US.

sn

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom