adam728

Aug 16, 2004
2 little videos of the KDX in action.

1st is of a lap on a completly run down MX track built on my grandparents property. We used to ride it every weekend and it was a blast. Now its overgrown, filled with washouts, and a single line track. But still fun.

2nd video is what happens to rear tires at the end of the season. Starts in 2nd, goes to 6th, where the tire whines pretty good. Was basically a slick with side knobbies after that (it was pretty worn to start with).

I figure it'll give someone some enjoyment.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5782762670105279325&q="One+lap+on+a+KDX220"+playable:true

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2799512483815038782&q="KDX220+Burnout"+playable:true

If the vids aren't working for you, try again later. Google seems to be a &!#@$, half the time I link from my account and it tells me it doesn't exist.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Boy, that second video was cool! I really liked this part: :aj: That dude has it goin on.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
The track vid is from early August, I hear there's about 10 inches of snow there now. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Georgia right now, trees aren't green, but it's far from winter.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Holy smokes! you got a KX number plate and back fender on that sweet ride? Awesome.

Does it hang with the rest of the 250 class bikes with those sweet mods? Six gears must help.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
XRpredator said:
Holy smokes! you got a KX number plate and back fender on that sweet ride? Awesome.

Does it hang with the rest of the 250 class bikes with those sweet mods? Six gears must help.

Rear fender is a Maier mx fender for the KDX (bolt on). The front is a flat cheapo plate for some early 90's bike. I had to trim it a little to fit around the brake guide.

It gets slaughtered by 250's. I can muster mid-pack finishes, but I kill myself doing it because I have to ride 10 times harder to go fast on this bike compared to an actual motocrosser (I love borrowing friend's bikes :) ). If I'm lucky the track will be real slick and I won't get last place into the first corner, but usually I start of last and have to pick my way through. :rotfl:

As a harescramble bike it kicks ass. Now if I could ride good for 3 hours......

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
Good stuff! I love doing burnouts on old tires. Be cool though because it's easy to overheat a bike doing that. No air going over the radiators. :blah:

captbly99

May 30, 2005
hey adam, where in GA are you at again? I forget?
Are you cracking up over the big deal they are making over about the sleet tonight? :laugh:

Did you bring your bike? I might be doing Durahamtown on Saturday.

Remind me again of your location. Durhamtown is starting a harescrambles series in March. I am planning on running that.

Hope you grow to like GA? I love it. I am a Jersey girl, but hubby is from MI.

BTW. nice vid's. Did you re-do your suspension? Looks stiffer than mine. Mine seems mushy. I am 5' 6", 140ish.
Stock suspension.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
captbly99 said:
hey adam, where in GA are you at again? I forget?
Are you cracking up over the big deal they are making over about the sleet tonight? :laugh:

Did you bring your bike? I might be doing Durahamtown on Saturday.

Remind me again of your location. Durhamtown is starting a harescrambles series in March. I am planning on running that.

Hope you grow to like GA? I love it. I am a Jersey girl, but hubby is from MI.

BTW. nice vid's. Did you re-do your suspension? Looks stiffer than mine. Mine seems mushy. I am 5' 6", 140ish.
Stock suspension.

Hadn't heard about the sleet. I've been moving stuff all day. The guy I took over for moved already and I'm responsibly for cleaning out the company house (which I don't get to live in :( ). So I been in a house without power all day till about an hour ago. Sleet, that's like almost snow. :rotfl:

I'm in Statesboro, about 40-50 miles in from Savannah. I like it here so far, seems pretty cool. A company I worked for in high school has a property here, so I took a drive by to check it out. There was a some work being done, so I rolled up and seen what was going on. Turns out my old boss is here, as well as a kid that went to my highschool, although I never knew him. It's a small world afterall.

I didn't bring my bike, and I am going back to Michigan Friday anyway. I'll be moving everything down here right after New Years, I have to start working on the 9th. I'm dying without my bike right now, although the Pontiac G6 rental has seen some off road time to hold me over. I love front wheel drive with a hand E-brake, as long as you don't let off the gas any corner can be taken rally car style! (shhhhhh, don't tell the company how all that sand got on top of the motor). I definitly want to do some harescrambles down here. I just tried them out in Michigan this year and LOVED it, way more fun to me than motocross, especially on the KDX.

I did stiffen up the front end, I went with .40 kg springs and 7.5 wt oil. It's better, but still blows compared to any stock motocrosser from within the last decade. It handles track time much better, but still breaks my wrists on bigger jumps. For the little track in the video it works awesome. For more supercross-like tracks like Freelin it pounds me into a crippled lump of pudding. I'm 5'9" 180ish. Of course, after almost 3 weeks here eating on the company dime I think I'm more like 250ish. I'm so ready to move and get settled and get back to healthy habits.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
How expensive are rear tires where you live? If some one would have told me that a KDX 220 could "smoke" the rear tire I would have never believed it! Interesting stuff there!

wardy

OZKX250

Aug 26, 2005
XRpredator said:

I'd expect nothing less... :coocoo: :blah: :blah:

TD3

Dec 18, 2004
How expensive are rear tires where you live? If some one would have told me that a KDX 220 could "smoke" the rear tire I would have never believed it! Interesting stuff there!
Boy, that second video was cool! I really liked this part: That dude has it goin on.

Do you guys think this crap up between giving each other atomic wedgies? :moon:

Please, please, please tell everyone how real men only ride 4-strokes. Everybody here has too know just how cool it is to be on a thumper (even if it is hard to breathe with your chest all pumped up!).

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Maybe I can explain this. Or let me give you my take.

First video ?? No Problem.
However, it looks like someone needs to do some mowing.

Second video ?? Problem.
Please note the "PUBLIC" road. The preception the general public has of us (dirt bikers) is tarnished enough without adding fuel to the fire.

"Oh, but no one was around but us, no one lives close to us, no one was coming, etc, etc".
Would you bet your life, that you could 100% guarentee, that no one would see you if you did this??

Makes you think don't it??

Mully

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Mully said:
Maybe I can explain this. Or let me give you my take.

First video ?? No Problem.
However, it looks like someone needs to do some mowing.

Second video ?? Problem.
Please note the "PUBLIC" road. The preception the general public has of us (dirt bikers) is tarnished enough without adding fuel to the fire.

"Oh, but no one was around but us, no one lives close to us, no one was coming, etc, etc".
Would you bet your life, that you could 100% guarentee, that no one would see you if you did this??

Makes you think don't it??

Mully

The track definitly needs mowing! However, I can only get up there one or two days a year, so it's not worth my time to get equipment out there to do it. The track also badly needs a little make over, as most the jumps have deep washouts in the faces.

And no, I can't guarentee that no one seen me. But that road is way in the middle of no where, and there is only 3 houses on it. The residents of all three have the same last name and I know all of them pretty well. The guy holding the camera owned the property there.

It's not like I did it in town or in front of a park or anything. I go out of my way not to piss people off, as I definitly don't want dirt bikers getting a worse rap than they already have. We've lost more than enough trails / riding areas. I didn't really even think about it when posting the video.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Adam,
Please do not take what I posted the wrong way. What I posted is for everyone. If the shoe fits type of thing. "We", as in all of us, need to do better job with our image, and how the general public view us.

Porter,
Nah, I was a perfect angel when I was young. ;) no really!!

Mully

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Mully said:
Adam,
Please do not take what I posted the wrong way. What I posted is for everyone. If the shoe fits type of thing. "We", as in all of us, need to do better job with our image, and how the general public view us.

Mully

No worry, I didn't take it the wrong way. It never really crossed my mind how the video might come off to some people, I just thought I'd try and explain a little bit of the situation, whether or not anyone will buy it (being the web and all).

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Mully wasn't caught doing that when he was a kid. . . the roads weren't paved back then :rotfl:

Sorry, I couldn't let it pass :nener:

Top Bottom