kdx what fork springs do i need

motofox2006

Aug 17, 2006
Hi guys can anyone tell me what stiffer fork springs out of xr400 0.38kg springs and OEM kdx 1995-2005 0.35kg springs I need.

I weigh 146Lbs (66kg)

Jeff Fredette says on his site that for my weight category i need 0.35kg/mm springs for my weight. However on Race Tech spring calculator it says i need 0.40kg springs for my weight.

Anyone got any ideas.

Any help appreciated Thanx guys

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
From what I recall, RACE TECH is what you get from Jeff. Also, you're riding style will depend on what spring you need. For all purposes, what you have now is in the ball park for your weight. The rear is another story. Its set for a 180lb. rider. Remember, Jeff knows these bikes inside & out & has a far better understanding of what works in real life compared to what works on paper.

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
...yep, and once done, go to Superhunky's site and just CUT your exisiting springs, for FREE! Go here and look/search for the one on Spring Fixes...this site will save you a great deal of $$$.
I have used it for years, as he has been the only consistent source of TRUTH out there...that's why Dirt Bike magazine fired him after twenty years of making it famous. 8(

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/Tech+Archives

ttfn,
---jks

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
My experience with Race Tech's recommended spring weight has always resulted in heavier than required spring weights for my style of riding. Now I just go two sizes lighter than their recommendation and I'm usually right on.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Go for the .38 Kg/mm rate springs. Go for 10mm of preload, too. A 4.8 rate spring on the shock would be a great help, if an AUS rate stock spring is 5.0 like in USA.

FRP Offroad does not sell RT fork springs, but does sell RT shock springs. If I had to guess, based on the three sets I have seen, I would say they are Springmaker (Cannon Racecraft).

Top Bottom