KDX125 New owner!!!!!!!

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
if your talking about mixing the gas/oil in the bike's gas tank i would only do that if I were on a long ride where i had to refill at a gas station. i just carry a pre-measured amount of oil in my pack and buy the appropriate amount of gas.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I think he's talking about whether to premix or just put the oil in the oil resevoir (assuming he has the international SR madel).
I have a SR and used to use the oil injector until one day it stopped working and I seized my bike. I think it prefers certain types of oil and other types damage it. I think I was using Shell 2 stroke oil at the time.

B

Jun 29, 2000
Pre mix is best for maintaining a better petrol/ oil mix but premix is so convenient. You takes your chance. By the way what color is your KDX? Reason Im asking is there was two complete bikes minus a working engine in our local paper for £100 last week.

B

S Yorks

Tonyweb25

Mar 4, 2003

My KDX is green,I was told it is better to mix the oil in the tank rather than use the injector.seems to run fine using the injector and is a lot better than messing aroung mixing it up!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…