gdk771

Feb 20, 2010
Hello,
I just purchased a KDX-200 and have some questions about the carb on it. It is leaking gas out of the tube that goes to the tap at the base. The choke lever also will not stay pulled up, you have to hold it up to start it. Can anyone suggest a place I can get a carb rebuild kit for it? I have rebuilt Mikuni carbs on my SeaDoo PWC before but this is my first Keihn carb. I obtained a service manual for it and it says it has a Kiehn PWK35 carb on it. I suspect perhaps a stuck or bad float? Any idea why the choke won't stay pulled out also? It is a 98 model year if the kits are year specific.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
The leak is probably coming from the fuel overflow. So either the float setting is too high, or the float valve is stuck, dirty, or worn.

As for the choke, it gets stiff at the top. Pull it a bit further and it should "click" into place at the top. There's a spring in there so it will not stay up if it's not snapped into place at the top. If it won't click at the top then take it out and clean it, inspect it, put it back if nothing looks wrong and try again. Carb rebuild kits are generally junk. Buy the individual pieces you need from sudco, pats small engine, jets r us, etc. You can get the parts for the choke if you need them, as well as jets, float valve, gaskets, and just about anything else you would need. Most the stuff is cheap.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
If the choke (enricher) boot is cracked, put a cable tie around it to tighten it back up, and it will probably hold the plunger up again.

I think you got the wrong manual, the KDX-220 carb is a PWK-35, the KDX-200 carb is a PWK-38. Otherwise, the bikes are nearly identical.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
220 uses pwk33 and the 200 runs a pwk35. Ron will bore either carb to 36 for you, never heard of a 38 on a kdx, unless maybe the 250 used one?

Top Bottom