KDX200 Hard Clutch?

KirbyCurt

Apr 9, 2005
Hey, so I have a 1997 KDX 200 and I have noticed that the clutch is really hard to pull compaired other bikes. My friend also has a 1995 KDX200 and his clutch is also really hard to pull. My question is; 1.) Is the clutch on these bikes suppose to be really hard to pull? 2.) What can I do to make it easier?

Josh D

Nov 11, 2001
I have a 97' also and have the same problem. Super tight woods make my left hand tired in about 10 min.

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
treat yourself to a new cable - they're not all that expensive and you'd be surprised at the difference it makes...

Andrew

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
a felow KDX rider in our series had this same problem, he said there was some kinda roller bearing inside that went out. He didn't act like it was a major engine part, just something inside to were you had to open the clutch side up, but not split the case....

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
"GOT LUBE" Oil the thing for christ sakes. If that don't work, then buy a new cable. Is your throttle hard to twist also, LUBE THAT TOO. They sell the air can in any bike shop :p

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…