Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
I used the heavy 15w & filled the tubes aprox.1/2 full or a little under.
The more oil u use the "stiffer" the forks get.the only reason i used the heavyer weight, was because i had a slight oil leak.
these forks are far better than the standard factory forks of other KDX's + u can do alot of easy tunning (my opinion)

"91 KDX 250
'98 KDX 200

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Thicker oil will slow the forks down. Thinner does the opposite.

Everything I have read and seen suggest to use 5w oil. I had 10 after new seals and the forks felt pretty stiff on the rebound. So 5 went in. Worked great on the limited trails I saw this last weekend.

RFJ_His_Son

Dec 14, 2001
ok, I'm mainly riding in tight woods, rutted up bad, with lots of treeroots and stuff, so I want smooooth rebound.
light oil or heavy oil, lots or little.
Please don't get all technical on me, I just get on the bike and ride it. If the fork seals weren't leaking I would leave it just how it is, except grind some of the lockstop away to get some more turning from it, it's like an oil tanker to turn at the moment in real tight stuff, I'm better off getting off and lifting it round! hehehehehee

Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
I like the 15w because of it's ability to soak up the hard landings
---i.e. nose diving--- It never bottoms out! Allthough for your condition I would go with 5w unless you plan on doing some mx.

Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
Since we're on the subject,......Is there a tool, or special format to draining / adding oil to rider skill level , Wieght , terrain , oil wieght,etc
I would love to have a softer ride over the light stuff----crusingspeed.

Top Bottom