Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
I ran across a '79 kdx400 for sale in the last few days. (I didn't know they made one!) It's extremely clean and new looking, so has been stored inside and apparently not riden much since bought new. The owner says it's been stored for 15 years with no use at all, but that it starts and runs.

I don't know anything about the bike, but it does interest me a little. I'm presently begining restoration of an IT400 for those times my kdx175 won't meet my adreneline needs. Maybe the big kdx will fill that bill.

The guy seems way too proud of it --- asking $1650. I figure he wants $1500, but think that it will only be worth half that once it has some serious hours logged and looks more it's age.

What can anyone tell me about the bike?

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
The best dirt bike I ever had was a kdx400. A few pounds heavier than ideal, but torqy down low and strong on top. felt like it had some flywheel because it hooked up well. There is one in the cycle trader down here for 800 with a cracked tank. I don't think I would pay much over 900 at most because it is old and oldies just don't bring that much money. The tires are probabley useless, they get old and hard and just slip. The fork seals and engine seals may have dryed out and need replacing. good luck and don't pay as much for an old bike as you can get a somewhat newer one for.

Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom