keeps on reving

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
O.K….when I rev my bike, it seems to stay at high revs for a while before coming back down eventhough I’ve let go of the throttle, I’ve come to the conclusion upon reading what some other guys have mentioned that my crank seals have probably gone…Now, can someone tell me how I can find out how to replace them? The bike I have doesn’t seem to have a manual in english, so that’s stuffed me up a bit, is there any basic info I could get? I’m not too bad with working on things mechanically and have a bit of patience, so could anyone help us out??
Thanks!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Have you tried richening the pilot circuit with the airscrew? this maybe all it needs.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
ya, an air leak or something goofy like the air screw or jetting could be the problem.

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
so should i screw the air screw all the way in, or unscrew it? I'm not sure which way makes it richer....thanks for the help guys, as you can tell i'm very new to all of this, next time i buy a bike i might think about getting one with an actualy manual!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You want to screw it all the way in(gently as its a fine thread)then out 1.5 turns.The with the engine just above idle(may need to open the throttle very slightly to get a steady rev)turn out the airscrew until the revs pick up,then ride the bike and verify the bike repsonds well to the throttle.eg no bogging or gurgling.

A better explanation is on www.eric-gorr.com

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Not sure what kind of bike you have but, ... is the throttle tube snapping back immediately to normal position? Or is it creeping? If the throttle valve is dropping back to normal (idle) position it should not continue to rev high.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yes my thoughts. You should be able to hear the slide clack closed.

Other airleaks to look for are the carb boots to airbox & manifold. Air filter ripped?

If the LHS crankseal is leaking that bad there will be oil dribbling from under the stator coils when you remove that cover.

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
thanks guys....I'm just gonna tighten everything up.....
cheers!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…