Kentucky trails

zeroo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 31, 2000
Sure.
One of my favorite places is MountainParkway offroad-Phone -(606)663-1028.They have very nice trails and also have hare scrambles.From lexington it is about 30 min drive to Clay City.Its about 2,000 acres.

Another is Livingston.From lexington go straight down I-75 about 40 min,Take the second livingston exit,park,go ride.Be carefull because the trails go on & on.In the summer its very difficult to get a parking spot if you dont get there early.Those are mainly where my time is split.Mountainparkway does charge $15 a day but it is well worth it,I keep a yearly membership($275).Its a great place for kids,where livingston is not in my opinion,for kids but excellent for roosting.Also,you can get to Daneil boone motorcross track from there also.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
zeroo

Do you think you could explain how to get to the Daniel Boone MX track? I have not been able to find it in two attempts. I would also like to ride from 909 to the S-Tree camp. I have heard it can be done. Any info. will be appreciated.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
I followed a few guys from 909 to the track. We took a gravel road to get there for a few miles. I was told cops patrol taht road regullary to stop people from riding to the track. If you ask around someone could probably show you the way.

zeroo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 31, 2000
I'll give it a shot.

First stay on main trail,at first Y in trail stay left.As you go up the hill after the woops go left onto the minor stairsteps.Follow that and after the berm to the left take first right.Go down to the real stairsteps and follow straight on main trail.stay to the left as you go through the trail because lots of small trails lead up the hill to the right.You will come to another main trail,take left and basically follow straight on this path.It will eventually go down hill getting a little tighter and end in the gravel road.Take left and track is on left about a mile up the road.

I hope that helps a little.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Thanks

I made it to the gravel road both times but turned around. I thought I was on the wrong trail when a car passed me. I also noticed the signs permitting licensed vehicles only. I guess you just have to take a chance.

David Lovett

Feb 14, 2002
whaaaat?

I know its been a long time and I just came back from there with my son who was there for the first time buttt, I practically grew up on those trails as a wide-eyed teen (hence now I'm 40ish). Your directions you described would typically lead one to the river would'nt they? And when i was there in January, after we made it past the last of the stair steps, we were met with "no trespassing" signs posted on both side of the trail! I thought to get to this track was down in London on the other side of KY80? Man, how times (and buldozers)have changed.

zeroo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 31, 2000
Look there is a many different ways to get there.I can't beleive I tried to explain directions at livingston.But no,the river is mainly through the trails to the right at the first main "Y".My directions are pretty much dead on.

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Thanks for the input zeroo!! Hey jonpe1, where are you at in MI?! I go down to Lexington fairly often and usually take my bike. Lemme know!

T

Twistwizzz

Riding near lexington

Tjere is Great riding very close to lexington in the Berea area. The trail from S-treee to Turketfoot is awesome it can be found on the web. It is in the Daniel Boone National Park.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…