Kiamichi after Thanksgiving?

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I feel like I missed out on the ride to Muse last weekend.

Anybody want to do Kiamichi Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I might be up for it, if my ribs are healed by then. I'm thinking I must have broken something, as it's taking so long to heal. So I'm a definite maybe.

lust450

Nov 20, 2005
ryan, im not goin back until after deer season dont want to get shot getr done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im out due to work and family. ive been traveling to ride quite a bit the past two months and will probably be limited to day trips for awhile.....but you never know.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I really want to go back, but its a bit too soon. We have a little one on the way and I think I'll get put in the doghouse if I take many more 3 day trips :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I can probably go with you, Monkster. Plan on me and Scotty, at least.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Monk, deer rifle season is still going on until December 4 in Oklahoma. We might want to wait until after that to go back. We could hit Gilmer or Lake Murray instead. Maybe even Bells.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I got orange and red gear for my birthday. Doesn't that make you automatically immunte to bullets?

What is Gilmer and/or Lake Murray like? I'd like to do some miles of more technical terrain. I sent you an email to your buzzard addr.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Lake Murry is alot of sand with some wooded trails. Most trails are quad wide. There is some roots, mud, and rocks.

Gilmer is more technicial with a mix of trail types. I really like Gilmer. There is some fun single track mixed in but you have to look for it. Most of the single track I found is in the back part of the park. There are some hills, from nasty to clean and easy. Check out their web site for some maps. It is not as technical as Munster but since Muster is closed so do a little exploring.

IBGoinAJ

Jun 5, 2006
Barnwell is cool (gilmer), Murray is cool for a day, pretty easy nothing technical, fast sandy berms. Whats cool about Murray is you can ride down to the lake in the summer and swim, and night ride ALL YOU WANT. You can night ride at Barnwell for about 2 hours. Very cool land, Gilmer is a AWSOME PLACE, even the jeep trails are alot of fun, some rocks and hardpack, very little sandy areas. But alot of various terrain, you could spend a WHOLE WEEKEND and love every minute of it! Its about a 30 mile loop with the single track included, and a very senic ride. Hit the Jeep trails if your looking to haul! Plus they have a free shower, and electricity that you pay for. Great facility and awsome trails, but Muenster is number one in my book.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I've talked to the Forest Service, to several folks who own cabins and little resorts inthe Kiamichi Mountains, and to the people at the Muse general store. Most think the deer hunters would be pretty irritated to have us out there. And if we ride into Muse for lunch, we're likely to run into some irate hunters who might flip us a bunch of crap, and I might have to kill two or three of them, so I'd just as soon wait until after deer season. I'll probably go to Bells Friday with my daughter, maybe for half a day. Then Saturday, I think Scotty and I will head out to Barnwell Mountain. How's that sound to you, Monk? Then we'll make a Kiamichi trip early in December.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Barnwell sounds okay. Are you guys going out there Friday night to be ready to ride in the morning, or are you driving out there in the--ahem--morning on Saturday?

I definately want to try something new, and based on AJ's recommendation, Gilmer it is.

I've got clearance to be gone from Thursday night through Saturday night. So, I'll see if there's anything else going on on Friday. I'll start another "after Thanksgiving" thread and see if there are any bites...

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I plan to work on my bike this weekend. It needs some more TLC since it almost sat for a year. I might be able to get away depending on my progress. IK would like to ride bells since it is aroung the corner. I will see what I get done on Thursday. I have some honey dos waiting and I should probally do a few before she stops cooking for me. I can't let that happen.

Jim, what time are you planning to ride Bells on Friday?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Planning to do Bells in the morning Friday, maybe stay half a day. Monk, we probably won't hit Gilmer Friday night; I think Scotty has something going on that night. So we'll be out there at the crack of dawn Saturday; you know, around 10:30. Just kidding. I really do want to get out earlier than usual.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I think I'll pass on Bells for half a day. It's a pretty long drive for a short day of riding.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
My bike is still torn down. I need to pick up some parts tomorrow and have some other commitments in the afternoon so my day is shot. I may get out Saturday or Sunday but Gilmer is a long 3 hr drive for a day trip. I will probally stay local.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…