yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Is anybody interested in going up to Kiamichi for a ride post Christmas? I'd like to go back now that it's cooler.

I really would like to go with some people that know where they're going as well...

I'm planning on having my bike back together right after Christmas. Thinking about going the week between Christmas and New Years? Maybe towards the end of the week. Deer season will be over by then.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I want to go back, but I was thinking more like Spring as I'm waiting for one of my riding buddies to heal from his knee surgery.

I have plenty of time to ride later this month though anywhere more local since I'm off work the last 2 weeks of this year.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I might be up for that. I definitely want to hit the Big K soon. Not sure if I can wait that long, but I'm game to go again. Let's see if we can put a ride together.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I'm up for Kiamichi sometime soon. Assuming my bike fires up OK tonight (I've finished putting in new cam chain, tensioner and Hot Cam), I plan on riding somewhere this weeekend with my son Benjamin. Barnwell or Munester.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Sgiff, we're planning to hit the Big M to take a look at the LMS course and gape at the impossible obstacles. Come on out. Then we can hit the Kiamooch the following weekend, the 16th.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Between Christmas and New Years would be better for me. I'm still taking finals until the 18th.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am down again. I am going to change my name from mudd slinger to crash dummy. I fell down in a gully at Bells riding into the setting sun about 2 weeks ago. I never seen it coming until it was too late. The bottom was washed out and I could not get slowed down enough to recover once I was headed into the gully and seen the trail washed out. The rider behind me did the same thing a second or 2 later and plowed into my back after I went down. My upper chest hit the bars and his front tire caught me between the shoulder blades. Nothing is broke. The doctor called it severe contusions (black and blue, torn muscles and what ever holds the ribs together). He gave me some pain pills, anti-inflamatories, and 6 weeks to recover.

I am never going to get back in riding shape to keep up with the Smack Pac if I keep getting myself banged up.

Can anyone reccomend a good chest protector (or rubber armor suit). "All I want for Christmas is a Rubber Suit of Armor". Is there such a song?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Randy, the very best is the Dainese armor; lightest, coolest, best built, but expensive. I doubt you'll be ready to ride in six weeks, honestly. I just went through the same thing, and it still hurts after 12 weeks. I didn't even have a gully to blame; just went down on a slippery slope. Your best bet is to recover 100 percent; don't come back too early and re-injure yourself the way I did. I'm just now close to normal. Of course, my collarbone is still separated, but it doesn't hurt anymore. Probably will have an operation to plate it this summer.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I can't make Muenster Saturday. (Grrrrrrrrr!!!!)

I had to pull my XR's engine and take the top-end off. Still hunting for whatever is causing an unhealthy knocking. I'm desperately hoping to have it back together to ride on the 16th.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I checked out the Dainese Armor. It is definately the best built that I've looked at. It is very costly but would protect you well. "How much is my body worth?" is the question. I would look like superman with that under my jersey. :laugh: Can I fly over gullys too? :laugh:

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I've got the 661 pressure suit. The "chest" part of the protection is just a dense foam pad. More importantly, it's got the road-racing style back protector on it. It does do a good job of protecting against most roost, and I haven't been bruised on my chest since I've worn it.

It's also WAY more comfortable than a chest protector because it doesn't move around.

AJ has a pretty slick looking chest protector that seemed to fit snugly, but I don't know the mfg.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Eureka! The bike is back together and ready to go with new Hotcam camshaft, camchain, rockers, cyilnder honed and new rings. I need to ride it gently for a bit to break it in, but I'm definitely up for Kiamichi sometime this month.

I may also head up to Muenster on a weekday next week with my son Benjamin.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom