kick stand and head light info

motoxmatt

Mar 28, 2004
just got a very used 2003 kdx200 runs good starts first kick has fmf garly pipe fat bars and clutch lever hard to pull does any body know where to get a aluminum kickstand that bolts up inplace of the old one using same mounting holes. also new compleat head light asembly witch one is best thanks frank motomatt dad. :yeehaw:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Are you trying to save weight - or replace broken stand? The stock part is only $28 or $29 - I dont think there are any bolt and go aftermarket options. Besides that stocker is tough as nails, and bends back a few times before snapping.

I know there are some pretty cool universal aluminum stands that mount to the swingarm. I believe these are marketed towards the MX bike crowd that doesnt have access to a tree. You can bolt around, bolt through (not rec'd) or have someone aluminum wled them on (prob the best). hey are about $100 or so - not too bad.

Check the threads for the headlight - those have been discussed several times.

Good luck,

Sean

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Here is a copy of my invoice from Steahly Offroad Products. 1-800-800-2363. It is a direct bolt on replacement for the 95 and newer KDX. It's pricey but looks great and I sold my old one on eBay for $25. Hope this helps.

Qnty.....Item.......Description..........Price......Extended
-----------------------------------------------------------
.. 1.......F101.....Alum Stand most...$59.00.....$59.00
.....................CR,KX,YZ,RM,KTM
..............................................Sub Total:......$59.00
....................................................Taxes:.......$0.00
..................................Ground Shipping:......$10.17
.....................................................Total:.....$69.17

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Someone once told me that droping the first 15 pounds of just about any dirtbike costs $20 a pound. The next 10 pounds costs $40 each. The final 5 costs you $100 each.

You have the easy stuff - pipe, bars (what about the silncer)?? The stocker is sort of an anchor - maybe some cheap weight savings there.

I just cant imagine that there is any real weight savings to be made up in the stand (maybe 1/2 a pound)?

I am into that $100 a pound phase now. I started the Atkins thing a year ago - and am down to 160 now (25 pounds so far). I can tell my wife I saved her $2500. Another 25 pounds and I can get that CRF250X - although I would weigh 130ish and could ride a XR50!

Sean

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Moridin, the kickstand is unsprung weight and will affect riding performance differently than weight supported by the suspension. How's it different? I don't remember!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom