Kick Stand Problem

KDX Steve

May 1, 2003
The kick stand on my newly purchased 1990 KDX200 is missing and the mount on the swingarm is busted. Does anybody make a bolt on replacement or do I need to make a new mount and have it welded on with a stock kick stand assembly. I really like my KDX alot of fun to ride. My wife says I am going thru my second childhood.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
There are some universal stands out there (check Rocky Mtn or Dennis Kirk) but I like the stock setup and would look at sticking with that. You could probably pick up a swingarm on ebay for less than it would cost to have yours fixed. The kickstands go a little high on there but are usually less than buying the parts new (about $80). You might also check with Fredette to see if he has any used ones.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Just get one of those triangle race stand things for when it's parked. Otherwise who needs it when your riding (trees are almost everywhere).

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
Have you ever been out without a tree in sight and have to take a leak with the bike resting against you? It makes the dance at the end very interesting. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but even when I'm in the woods, I wouldn't be without a kickstand.

If you go searching on eBay, don't limit yourself to KDX kickstands. There are many others that will work fine. If you question the bolt patern or whatever, don't hesitate to ask the seller via e-mail.

KDX Steve

May 1, 2003
How do I get in touch with Freddette? I just need the kickstand, a tree is not always close. I have a couple of friends that can weld aluminum so the repair cost to the swing arm is CHEAP.

Guy's thanks for all of the replies!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Does anybody ever search for anything anymore?

Try google.com

Keep that in mind for searching for everything from suspension questions to parts to bearings....to:

FREDETTE IS HERE!!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I just lie the bike down (gas off) if I can't find a fence post or tree to lean the bike against. Then again, I can't take a pee like you guys ;) hehehe (sorry couldn't resist)

With my bike lowered, I found the kickstand more of a hindrance than anything else - especially when the bike falls onto a tree stump & bends the radiator (thankfully it doesn't leak)

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I saw a nice heavy duty clamp on stand in the Moose catalog.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
About this second childhood.
All of our wive's say that, but instead of buying a 6-7K bike we went the smart route. Heck, some guys go car racing and spent $200 in one day for tires. Or what about drag racing, that is some bucks.
Tell your wife she is lucky to have a guy that went with the thrifty, ultra-dependable KDX.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…