dirtdog

Nov 30, 1999
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket kickstand for an MX bike YZ 400F? I've seen one from White Brothers on the web but not sure how good it is. Are they tough to install? Tired of looking for trees to lean the bike on everytime I need stop for a leak!

DirtDog

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I can vouch for the ProMoto Billet stand. It is the best design I have seen. Folds up completely out of the way behind the left number plate and attaches via the chain roller and subframe bolts. Down side is its expensive at $150.00. I have one on my YZ250, and they make one for the YZ400/426.

dirtdog

Nov 30, 1999
thanks, that's helpful, I've found the pro-moto stand on the web and it looks like a great design to get the stand out of the way for riding which was my biggest concern with the others I've seen. It looks relatively easy to install with no drilling etc. too.

Much appreciated.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I had good luck with the stand (I can't remember name) from the Rocky Mountain MC catalog. I had one on my KX and it was a well built piece.
It is the design that bolts onto your swingarm and I never had a problem with it getting bent or in the way. It also never flipped down on bumps and jumps so that is a plus!!!!

The other plus side is that it was only between $60-80.

After I get my suspension done on my YZ a kickstand is a pretty top priority.
Until then I just make good use of the metal ends on my 909 grips. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Or do like me and just take a nice rest, or even a nap after crashing.
Heck, the bike is already on it's side.....
:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom