Apr 11, 2004
OK,
I have put up with it for long enough ! I got my 84' KDX200 2 years ago and have put up with the kickstarter long enough ! Sometimes when I go to kick it over it will catch and other times it will catch half way down or not at all.
What is the catch ? :)
I looked on Buy Kawasaki to try and figure it out. What part do I probably need to get ?
How hard is it to change ? Do I need to split the cases ?

Thanks,
Raz

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Or...don't buy a gasket, lay the bike on its side (so you don't have to drain the oil) and then take the cover off to find exactly what J-Who says to look for.

Does this bike have multiple covers on the RH side? You may end up having to take off more than the clutch access cover to really see what's going on. That means taking the kicker off? That might be kind of stuck.

Heck, it won't leak (much) when you put it back together with a bit of RTV or somesuch. Well, mine doesn't and I've had that cover off 1/2 dozen times and haven't changed the gasket yet.

No, I don't have an '84.

This is a not uncommon problem with 'H' models, though.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
What the heck are those fin thingys on your cylinder!!??

Whew! At least you got one'a those good Keihin carbys on there!!

;)

carney

Mar 17, 2004
Never mind those thingys, they are strictly for providing downforce at high speeds ;) Raz, take off the cover like these guys said, and you will likely find that the spring that engages the kickstarter ratcheting mechanism is bunged. This was the case on my '88 which is of a very similar design. Let us know what you find out.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yes, I was pulling your leg. I know it's a Mikuni. I just wanted to give you another chance to straighten my sorry arse out!

Now you REALLY feel good, 'eh? ;)

The left side is hard to get to?

Good luck it is, then!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom