Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Hey i have a 2003 KDX220 i hate the factory kickstarter. I read the file on the 89 KX125 kickstarter. Has anyone tried it? Does it just bolt on. Did anyone price one (new or used). Is it better than factory?

Thanks

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
A new KX lever is gonna run around $73 plus shipping

FRP sells one for $60 plus shipping

You will need a good knuckle too, if yours is worn. FRP might help you out there too. A new one is gonna cost you $34

You might find one on ebay, but then you might find yourself in a bidding war with a bunch of ruthless KDX'ers :eek:

Does it just bolt on?

You read about it right? Shows how to put it together ? :think:
Even has pictures :thumb:

Last edited:

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
i bought the Jeff Fredette lever and luv it , it tucks in real nice and is alot shorter for us short people to kick start their bikes . i never could get one on ebay , damn other KDX riders :) the factory shifter is way to much to spend , they can keep it and choke on it .

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You can buy the knuckle separately. Unless I was the exception (no comments, pls). I bought a new kawi knuckle for my new fredette kicker.

Read the instruction sheet that comes with the kicker!! If you don't get a sheet with it, call them and have them send you one.

If you don't follow the instructions that come with the fredette piece, there is the possibility of considerable engine damage!

No, it's not the kicker's fault..but something with your bike that may make the new kicker have a problem.

Have fun with the o-rings!!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I got one off eBay some time ago for $25. Just follow the instructions on justkdx. You can't go wrong there. It works and looks great. I even sold my old kicker on eBay for $10.50.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom