Kidney belt

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
Yes I know there are a bunch of posts on the pros and cons of wearing a kidney belt. But can someone tell me the proper way to wear it. Is it on the hips and lower back. Or just above the hip bones to hold in the fuel cell (lol)

Any help would be great thanks in advance
Steve

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I think that it depends on the riders particular build and physical ailments. I wear mine so the bottom is 2-3 inches below my belt line but I think that you should try it different ways and see what helps you the most. I have used everything from a drug store lower back support to a :Gold Belt" ( no affiliation Okie :nener: ) to the newer armored types as well as the newer front cinching ones. I like the Gold Belt the best but this an individual preference.

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
Cool! I just want to make sure im holding all the peices and parts where they need to be and not just wearing a peice of extra gear cause its what everyone does.

Although I heard If I buy all the gear it will make me a better rider. :rotfl:

Knetman

Mar 10, 2005
KDXFORU said:
Although I heard If I buy all the gear it will make me a better rider. :rotfl:
I've got all matching O'neil gear... inc. full body armour & pivoting knee protectors. One of my mates who outrides me, tells me:
"If you can't ride... at least look like you can!" :ride:

I've got the second part down pat... I just need to "grow a set" now and keep up with him! haha

Oct 10, 2004
I dont know about a better rider but it might make you a faster rider. I didnt know they made kidny protectors for bikes I used to use them when i played lacrosse and they were great

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…