Fox Ryder

Oct 19, 2005
Hey guys, New to the site, and somewhat to riding, just wondering what extactly a kidney belt does, its purpose, i kinda have an idea, but not 100% sure, Should it be worn? Any recommendations? Thanks

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Helps support you lower back and, theoretically, your innards. Also provides some protection for the area that it covers.

Some people like 'em, some don't.

I feel naked when I ride without one. And I don't mean that in a good way. :ohmy:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Kevco Stubbs type is a good choice, alot of the main gear maker have one.

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
I just bought one and plan to wear it everytime I ride. I imagine that when its hot out it probably gets a little uncomfortable but I'll trade a little bit of discomfort for a little more protection and support.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I usually only wear mine on fast, rough rides. If I know I'm going to go a more casual pace, I'll pass.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I've never noticed it helping my kidneys, but it does help your lower back with support. It also protects your lower back from impacts. How much depends on the type you wear. I never ride with out one.

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
I've had one for awhile but couldn't wear it (rolled over) due to my gut. Since I've lost 35 lbs. I wear it and it really gives my lower back extra support.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
dirtbikingdad said:
I've had one for awhile but couldn't wear it (rolled over) due to my gut. Since I've lost 35 lbs. I wear it and it really gives my lower back extra support.

Hey I didn't know it would help you lose weight! I need to wear mine more often. Especially when I eat at Wendy's! :)

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
MikeT said:
Hey I didn't know it would help you lose weight! I need to wear mine more often. Especially when I eat at Wendy's! :)

And I thought it was the diet and running 4 miles every other day that made me loose the weight.
:yikes:

Top Bottom