Kips Bracket near clutch reminder

Bread

Mar 1, 2002
Hey guys this is just a reminder, Its been discussed before but riding season is coming up and this is not a bad maint. check.

Where the Kips shaft runs into the cluch cover there is a bracket on the end that I assume runs on one of the gears and actuates the shaft back and forth. This is known to break off, and in my case I laid the bike over (crash) with the engine running and one of the pieces happend to roll up with the oil and lodged between the cluch basket and the clutch cover.

Anyway to make a long story short, its not a bad thing to look for specially if you have the clutch cover off for one reason or another. I dont have a link for a picture or anything, but if memory serves me the bracket is held on with two alan screws, the bracket is flat and L shaped with a free rolling pin going through the short side of the L bracket. Mine broke at the bend in the bracket, its on a 96 dx. Hope it helps someone...Bread

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A common cause of breakage in this area is failing to support the shaft during disassembly for maintenance. There is a flat on the actuating shaft that you can put a wrench on when turning the LEFT HAND THREADED!! nut at the top of the shaft.

Make use of it!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom