Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Last time I crashed without knee braces on, I spent 4 hours in the emergency room and about 4 weeks on crutches. This was with no major pulls or tears.
$1500.00..... can you afford that?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Best bet to avoid injury (without braces) is to build strong muscle tissue to protect the joint. Concentrate on leg workouts in the gym, and practice balancing on one leg. I know it sounds dumb, but it does work and was a recommended exercise, by my physiotherapist, after a nasty knee injury. Once "plain" balancing is too easy, work on juggling a ball or similar at the same time. This works to throw you off balance and force the knee to work. Maintain a slightly bent knee while doing these exercise. If your really keen, you can build yourself a "wobble board" (a 16' square board with rockers installed on the bottom), and do the same exercises.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Eckard has neopren rubber supports with spring steel side bars. They won't help in a serious crash, but will help some if used with good knee pads.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Duct Tape your Knees!

Just kidding. I got some knee supports at Walgreen which wrap the knee and secure with velcro. I don't do any MX jumping just dodging trees so these feel pretty good after a long day on the trails.

Top Bottom