gunr

Sep 26, 2004
1st off let me say the company i work for changed insurance so i cant get to the doc for 9 more days. i guess i have to wait because i had to pick a new primary care doc and he gives first availables to his existing patients.

in the mean time i wonder if you folks have experienced this. i bit it. bike went down on the left side and i landed on my knee. the knee hit 1st so all my weight was on it. it hurt like hell but i was able to walk it off. for 2 days i limped around and could hardly walk, the knee never bruised or swelled at all. after 2 days it didnt hurt as much so i ignored the whole thing.

well the weekend rolled around and it didnt feel to bad so i rode with out any spills but fouled a plug in the woods on a 125. as i pushed the bike out about a half mile the knee poped, oddly it felt even better after.

now things seem to have gone backwards. i dont have alot of pain but the knee is really stiff.

here is what has me puzzled, and also my ? there seems to be some kind of fluid build up all around my knee cap. its well....squishy. picture about a centimeter(probably less) of bloat around the knee. what the heck is it?

--------------------

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Oooops, sorry, can't answer that, but I have heard of it, you can probably figure on the Doc having to suck the fluid out with a needle. Maybe more than once too untill your knee heals itself.
Good luck at the Doc, hopefully it won't be any more serious than that.

gunr

Sep 26, 2004
howdy

i wanted to get the ball rolling and went to urgent care at the hospital. that is actually what they did. the stuff that got sucked out was pretty gross looking. also got a cortizone shot. i guess its called patella bursitis.

hey im from kcmo, i bet we rode right past each other a time or two!!!!!!!!

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
gunr said:
hey im from kcmo, i bet we rode right past each other a time or two!!!!!!!!

I'm down here in Wichita, and have been here for only a couple years. I haven't had the opportunity to hit any of the tracks in KC, been wanting to, just no time with work and all. If you've ever ridden down here in Wichita it is possible though. :)
Next year I definately want to hit some tracks in your neck of the woods and OK. That Stillwater track off I-135 looks like a kick in the pants!

Top Bottom