wildman8jj6

Feb 7, 2008
hi, my rm 250 has a loud knocking when im riding it, but its fine when i sit there and rev it up. after i ride it after the knocking it idles up and down, it seems to knock when its hot bc when first pull it out and get on it and let it run for a few then go, its fine but after 1 min it heats up it knocks really bad, maybe the rings, wrist pin bearing?

wildman8jj6

Feb 7, 2008
ya thats fine, its not the piston hitting the top, i have no clue, only thing that i thnk is the rings or ht ewrist pin bearing but they all seemed fine.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Piston to cylinder clearance excessive. The pulse and sound wave are out of synchronization in your pipe. So what does the plug look like? How many turns do you have on the power valve tensioner?

wildman8jj6

Feb 7, 2008
the plug is burning white on the bottom. im not sure what you mean by how tight the tension of the power valve is. like the bolt underneith the cover that holds it together?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
On the left side of the cylinder. There is a large cap at the end of the powervalve. There is a spring under it that puts tension on the powervalve. What do you mean white, like lean?

wildman8jj6

Feb 7, 2008
there are too covers on the left side and i took the one of that you can see the power valve and there was no spring. the power valve moves easily and should it be all the way down or up? the plug had white burnt on the bottom of it

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
There should be a small cover at the top front of the left side if that makes sense. At least thats how my 02 was. There were 2 small bolts that held the small cover on. Under the cover is a tensioner spring.

wildman8jj6

Feb 7, 2008
thanks, i tighten the cap you were talking about and it seems alot better. im waiting for new head gaskets to come in then ill ride it and see if it makes the noise.

Top Bottom