motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
18mm clamps work. The biggest thing you'll need to know is that they upset your suspension settings. They put more weight on your front wheel, which helps with cornering, but will make you need to uprate your springs. Two thumbs up from me.

motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
I'm running the Emig Racing clamps - Very good quality! I'm running my fork legs 5mm above the clamps. It's a little twitchy at times, but turns on a dime. It's definitely worth it. BTW, I'm running 48mm SXS forks revalved by MX-Tech, so they definitely get some (most) of the credit for my bike handling so good. :cool:

yota

Oct 9, 2001
has anyone tried the 16mm offsets? I swapped e-mails with gerald langston last week and he told me that with a doma pipe the tire will not hit the pipe with 16mm offset clamps(apparently it will hit the stock pipe). when I questioned this he offered to replace the pipe free if it got damaged by the tire. by the way we were talking about my 02 125 sx, don't know about the 250. thanks.

yota

Oct 9, 2001
Is anyone out there running 16mm offsets? I have heard some of the RFS guys rave about these. I only want to do this once.

Greg in Oz

Aug 21, 2001
16 mm offset clamps work with the KTM Doma pipe on the 250SX. BTW if you're looking for more snap from the engine try taking 1/2 a mm off the bottom of the barrell and machining the head to suit. For premium unleaded pump gas about 1cc less combustion chamber volume than stock works well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom