YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
I am curious why you say that, Rich. I know alot of people that ride KTM and love their bikes. Is it this particular model, the new 350, that you are not buying into? I know Eric Gorr is not a fan of KTM...I guess I dont understand why.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'm not a fan of KTM's approach to engineering, or manufacturing quality control. As a result I won't work on them, and I doubt I'll ever own one. You and everyone else are free to feel otherwise.

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
I know that KTM had some quality control issues in the past, but I had thought that they had most resolved. The reason that I am asking is that I have always wanted a 450EXC.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
YZ__rider said:
The reason that I am asking is that I have always wanted a 450EXC.

Then you should probably own one. Lots of people are happy with the quality and design of the KTM engine and suspension. I'm just not one of them.

I guess that's why there are lots of different OEMs building bikes. :cool:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
The new 2010 Husquvarna 510TE that we just picked up was ridden one day. The short comings in quality control and engineering are too numerous to list, but a routine post ride inspection has been a week of fixing.

Fuel pump wire pinched, gas tank held on with one bolt at the top, grossly overweight fuel pump, battery fell out of its holder when hit by rear tire that bottomed in it's suspension, wiring so poorly done that I finally just redid a lot of it, vibrates a lot, exhaust pipe that truly needs better shields, some head shake, some bolts so tight that the plastic under them was completely broken out, some so loose, they fell out after one day (only about 2 hours total).

I like the bike, but it ain't all that over the KTM.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom