KTM and 4 strokes in general.

bez

Apr 15, 2004
I have recently bought 520SX 02 model, with only been about 5ft 2, (155cm),i find hard to stop and hold the bike up. Does any one know if they can be lowered, or can i buy a smaller spring.

Any other tips would be grea, have just started riding in the last 3 months, all my mates have followed in my footstpes and got bank loans, bikes are as follows, KTM520sx - 02, CRF450 - 03, YZF400 98, Husaberg 600Fe 98, and three more people are on their way to getting a bike, thing i have started a new craze can you blaim me its awesome.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I have a friend we ride with who is, "height challenged", though not as bad as you! He kinda slides off the bike so his thigh in on the seat, or finds a tree to hold him up. He rund a CRF 450.
You can have the bike lowered, but if you ever plan on selling it, forget it. It'll cost a good penny also.
You can lower the forks in the clamps, set your sag a low as you can get it and still have a good turning KTM with a nice suspension.
I did this with my son, I got him a TTR 125 and it was a tad too big when we got it. I lowered it and he ran it fine.
Good luck!! Have fun!
Joe!
Wow! Where did that tree come from????
Holy cow Bat man! that's sooooo cool, look, at the way my arm bends now!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…